Tuesday, 4 September 2007

Update from D.A.

It has been a while since I posted anything. First, I want to thank Eric O. for for being the only one who defended me when Bridget posted the picture of me on my scooter. With only one gear and a top speed of 55 mph it is a long way from the Harley-Davidson that Eric, Scott B. and tour have toured around Northern New Mexico and Colorado. It gets me to and from the train station and it gets 65 miles to the gallon which is important when gas is $8 a gallon.


Each June a group of some of my closest friends spend a long weekend fishing in New Mexico. This has been a tradition since 1989. This year is only the second trip I have missed. I want the guys to know that I was thinking of them and was with them in spirit.


Work is going great. The honeymoon period is over and I am now into the daily routine. We are making great progress, but it is never as fast as you want it. The people are great and my team is coming together. I am still under-staffed but hopefully I can get that fixed in the next few months. I have had my friends from Navigator/Hitachi helping out with the technology side of my responsibilities. They have been great.



It is an exciting time to be at Barclays. We are in the middle of an acquisition - the hostile kind. We are trying to buy ABN AMBRO, but the Royal Bank of Scotland is trying to buy them under a hostile approach. This will be the largest banking acquisition in history. There will be books written about this. It has been a great first six months. It has flown by and I truly feel like we have taken advantage of this time.

0 comments: