ok, ok, I went on summer vacation too. Just couldnt find time to post durning those long, lazy, cool summer days. Now, school has started and life is back on a schedule. We had a great summer, although not nearly long enough. So far, we have hosted 8 sets of visitors and have genuinely enjoyed every visit. I got a little distracted by hosting and forgot to stay on schedule with my posting. I'll do better now.
We traveled to some fun places of which I will write more later. The weather in England was unseasonably cold this summer. I have worn shorts maybe 8 times. It rained a ton and just never warmed up. Even the locals have commented on how summer never really arrived. Speaking to a lady who has spent more than 40 years enduring Texas summers - it was pretty pleasant! Although I do hate that we never got a tan - another reason to leave the shorts in the closet. We loved leaving the windows open every day and eating outside on the patio. We comment EVERY day what a joy it is to be outside WITHOUT mesquitos. It really makes such a difference to be rid of those pesky bugs.
Even now we have to wear a jacket in the mornings because it is so cool (highs in mid 60s). The days are getting shorter too. It is now dark by 8:00pm.
School is totally different being able to start the year with everyone else. Being a newcomer in the middle of the year was a complete bummer. We know our way around and arent so green. I've even offered to be a "buddy" to a new family. Amazing how far we have come since January. B is happy to go to school - huge difference from dragging her into school for months. L is ok with school too. His favorite class is Digital animation. He made the cross country team and told me today he ran 3K. I said 'how far is that'. His answer,"I dont know". We need to make the metric conversion for track or else he may unknowingly sign up for a 10 mile run.
We ride our bikes to and from school now which cuts about 45 min off both the morning and afternoon "school runs" - no tardies yet, yeah!. DA bought me a new bike for our commutes. It is sweet, but he laughs at my "comfort" bike. Sits upright and looks like an ol' lady bike. Now he can kid me right back when I laugh at his scooter. I even have a little basket on the front to carry groceries in.
I have tried to expand my baking experiences by using my weird oven. I baked some banana nut bread for a meeting this morning. I was so proud - looked and smelled so good - only to cut it at the meeting and realize the center was uncooked.!! ackkkkk! If I ever learn to cook here, it will be a miracle.
Tuesday, 11 September 2007
back to posting
Posted by Bridget at 17:04
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment