
B's observations for the week...
Sept 9 - Driving through our village there is a small round a bout. As we drove through it, the car in front of us started backing up (dangerous!), having not turned correctly to go through the round a bout. B's comment from the back seat, "Americans". After I laughed I asked why she thought that. She said Americans never drive right in England.
true, very true
Sept 10 -As we are riding our bike through the neighborhood she says as she points to a house, "American's must live in that house."
"Why do you say that?" I ask.
"Because they have a sprinkler watering their grass. English people dont have sprinklers!"
I have no idea if that is true or not, but I have to admit I havent seen a sprinkler system since last year in Texas. Funny that she noticed it too and assumed they MUST be American.
Sept 13 - "Mom, I think it's time we stop riding our bikes to school. It's too cold in the morning." What!!?!!! Never thought I'd hear that in September.
Sept 14 - last but not least, yesterday I went to the local Costco (1 hour away) and did some shopping. There are a few American foods I can buy there. After opening the cupboards this morning, both the kids were so excited. Upon seeing a box of Snickers bars, B asked, "where did all the American food come from?" Never thought Snickers bar and a box of Oreos would represent all of America's food, or wait, maybe it does....
Friday, 14 September 2007
observations of an American child in England...
Posted by Bridget at 17:13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment