Several weeks ago, I got the opportunity to go to Munich with a few on my co-workers. The COO, whom I support, lives just outside of Munich and he and his wife were our hosts and our tour guides. I arrived ahead of the others and spent the first day touring Dachau Concentration Camp. I was very glad I went, however, it was quite depressing. It is amazing that one set of human beings can do something so terrible to another group.
.jpg)
The following day was the direct opposite. Munich was fantastic. The people are so nice and seem to have so much fun in everything they do. We toured the city of Munich and saw some great sites. We went to one of the famous Biergartens. They were having a traditional music festival so there were lots of people dressed in their traditional clothing. Very festive.
We stayed in the town of Starnberg. There is a beautiful lake of the same name. This is the lake where King Ludwig mysteriously drown. One of the highlights of the trip was riding in a cab going over 210 kilometer an hour (140 mph) in a Mercedes on the way back to the airport. It was a beautiful part of the world and I look forward to going back – maybe Oktoberfest next year.




0 comments:
Post a Comment