Some weeks are better than others, but this was a good week. L found out on Friday that he made the middle school basketball team. He was thrilled. Lots of boys tried out, so he wasn't sure if he'd be selected or not. He also received his first report card of the year and made some really good grades. yeah! One surprising side effect of all this good news was that he was begging me that we would stay here through the NEXT school year. ????!!!!!!
B finished her soccer league playing well. It was freezing (literally) at the field, so all the girls were having to be talked into staying out on the field. She was glad it was over so she could buy some American candy at the candy tent at the field. She really wanted skittles, but when she came back she had a "airhead" in her hand. She said, "I know I can get skittle's at another store, but I cant get any Airheads, so I got them since this is my last chance to buy them." Made me laugh that she knows exactly which American candy we can and cannot find in England.
One other great thing about today - the sun came out for about an hour. It was so nice. Freezing temps tolerable when the sun is shining. We are expecting snow in the morning. "I'm dreaming of a white Thanksgiving"




0 comments:
Post a Comment