Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!
We are having just a "normal" day here. School, work, basketball practice, etc are all still ON. We are doing our big meal on Saturday with some friends. I don't have to cook a turkey this year with the feathers still attached, YEAH!
I went into the city with several friends for the American Thanksgiving service at St. Paul's cathedral. The cathedral was packed full of people. I still think it is one of the most beautiful building interiors in the world. The ceilings are gorgeous. US Ambassador Tuttle presided over his last Thanksgiving service. With a change in Presidents comes a change in Ambassadors. The minister from the church we attend was the main speaker. He did a great job. One of our friends' sons said a prayer at the service. It was fun knowing people who were up there. It makes you realize how far we as a family have come that I can sit in that service full of people from all around the world and know folks sitting in almost every section. Strange sensation.
I still get a little choked up when the Marines march the American flag by while we are singing "purple mountains majesty...". Feels very patriotic.
Tonight we are headed out for a very "unThanksgiving" Italian meal. The guys are trying to get home in time from work to join us. I hope DA catches the early train. I would hate to have our Italian Thanksgiving meal without him.
We are thinking of all our family and friends back home. Looking forward to seeing you all very soon. Happy Thanksgiving.
Here is a link to a NYTimes article about the service.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/28/world/europe/28cathedral.html?_r=1&emc=eta1
Thursday, 27 November 2008
Happy Thanksgiving
Posted by Bridget at 16:34
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment