Wednesday, 26 November 2008

American food

My kids and their American taste buds. I recently bought L a treat at a local farm store that sells a few American products. He really likes the pop tarts in the BLUE box that are the brown sugar flavor. I rarely buy them because they are so expensive, but I thought it would be a treat since he had worked hard at school. He was so excited to see them in the cupboard. He could not believe I found some of the "right" flavor. Little does he know, they are available most of the time, I'm just too cheap to buy them on a regular basis. I mean how many 5$ pop tarts does a kid need? He told me that next time I am headed to that store, I must come get him out of school (as if..) take him home to get his wallet and HE will buy the poptarts with his own money. Poor kid. I know how he feels though. We are counting the days until we can be in Dallas and eat at Mi Cocina and Houstons. I think I'll make a run by the grocery in Dallas and buy him a few boxes to wrap up for Christmas. It will probably be his favorite gift.

0 comments: