Monday, 17 November 2008

Games Day

Saturday happened to be a day of games. Our church sponsored an "Amazing Race" through London. The exciting thing is that the Amazing Race is my absolute favorite TV show. I would love to be on the real show so I was very excited to do a small scale family version through London. Only problem - our buddy family was English/Dutch and had never even heard of the Amazing Race and they had no idea we needed to hurry, get the challenges completed and move onto the next clue. I was so frustrated. I wanted to WIN. Unfortunately, we came in 4th out of 6 teams. The kids did great though. They walked ALL over London. No tube rides for us.
That evening we hurried back home only to get to our next event of Quiz night through the American Women's group. Our friends challenged the wives against the husbands. We thought we would ROCK. but, came in next to last out of 7 groups. Major bummer. We did great on the British History category only to blow it on the American History. We also did poorly on the Olympics section.
Fun games day - but I wanted to win! Need to brush up on my US Presidents.

0 comments: