Ha. his sad little cake. Celebrated our "teenager's" birthday yesterday.
His gift? - a blender, so that he can make his own chocolate Frappuccinos at home instead of wanting to go to Starbucks all the time.
We were in York on his actual bday, so his cake was from Bettys (a famous, 90 year old bakery/cafe). The gave him an extra cake to take home. Looks like a Petite four, but they call it something different. After our journey home, it was a little squashed, but we stuck a candle in it anyway. A birthday to remember. I also made him brownies the day before, but didn't get a shot of it. He really did get to blow out more candles! It wasn't as pitiful as it looks in the photos.
The homemade Frap. recipe needs to be tweaked. Tasted like weak chocolate milk. oops. I'll have to start buying bags of ice regularly. We don't have an ice maker and have stopped using ice altogether, so I'll have to put that on my grocery list. The bags are so little - about like a gallon ziplock bag, so I can keep it in my freezer. I think frappuccinos only have ice, milk, chocolate syrup in them, or at least ours will. A little glob of whipped cream on top is a definite bonus.
L had wanted to spend his bday in NYC, but we just couldn't pull it off this year. I told him his friends back home would be more than happy to spend their bday in London instead, but that doesn't sound very special to him now. Instead, we went to (old) York! instead of New York. He was less than impressed. We took him to the London Aquarium on our way back into town just so he could chose to do something HE wanted.




0 comments:
Post a Comment