Thursday, 25 January 2007

New discoveries!!

L - "There is NO ICE here." Freezer is iceless.
B - "riding the bus makes me car sick!"
MOM - "the stores here close too early." What's with the mall and every other store closing at 5:30 and the grocery store at 6:00. that must be why everyone walks SO fast. They have to get off at 5:00 to catch the 5:05 train for 30 minute ride and then get to the store to buy dinner since they have no room in there dorm size refrigerator to store anything. "Prepared frozen dinners, Nice." Oh to go to Target.
DA - "why does snow stop the trains. It's my 3rd day of work people, I have to get into the city!"
MOM - part 2 - I know they are trying to simplify by putting pictures for all the control selections on the appliances, but I have no idea what they mean. "How should I know if I wash whites on A, B, C...M. " then you have to set another dial with numbers on it. Is it 110 degrees celcius water temp? surely not, I dont need to boil them, or 110 revolutions of the spin cycle.(I know now, it's dryer time, but trust me, sometimes 110 minutes doesnt even get 5 shirts dry. The washer and dryer are the same machine which makes it even more confusing). Then setting the temp on the oven doesnt turn it on. I have to make some other fan selection and there are about 10 to choose from. whats up with that. At home it's conventional or convection and tempature. not 20 choices.
I have lots to learn, fortunately the user manuals are posted on the internet somewhere, now if I only had a printer to print them out.... but wait, what store sells paper....

0 comments: