Sunday, 15 June 2008

Living in England with "bubba" roots

My sweet daughter's country (read Tennessee/Mississippi/Texas) bubba heritage was showing through today. She has been building a little tree house in one of the trees. There is no house per say, but she climbs up and ties all her necessities onto strings, so there are scissors, hole punch, cups, bowls, paper, pens, etc tied into the tree. Today she was playing over in the tree by herself, cleaning it up since we have guests coming this week. She finds some duck tape in our garage and is using it to "cover" a brick step and for other misc. needs only she understands. After a few minutes, I hear her say out loud, to herself, "THIS IS THE BEST TAPE I'VE EVER USED!" ah, the sounds of duck tape users everywhere are singing "Amen". You can take the girl out of the country, literally, but...you know the rest. ha.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sweet B! I love that story! Trin can bring her some sticks and feathers to add to her tree house. And I have to agree that Duck tape is pretty amazing!

Where did you find the strawberry farm? That's awesome!! I'd love to go to one. Trinity ate an entire carton a few days ago BY HERSELF!! She also had them for her snack again today. YUM! You're right, the British DO know how to grow the strawberries!