In the land of the Beatles, I think it is only appropriate that we spent our Saturday afternoon in strawberry fields. Really, there is a "pick your own" farm nearby and the English strawberries are ripe. Boy, are they delicious. (with nod to last post, I think strawberries are the best food item in England!) The kids had a great time picking. The hardest thing is keeping them out of your mouth before you've paid for them and stopping when you've picked enough. The strawberries are so pretty, ripe and red that you just want to pick everyone you see. I stopped at the market and bought some rhubarb too to make a shortcake of sorts. I cant find any angel food cake in England (of course, add it to the list), but it goes well with lemon cake so we will be having a good desert tonight.
"Strawberry Fields, forever!"
The Beatles once lived around here, I wonder if they picked strawberries at Garson's too?? ha.
The raspberries are just coming into season. B was happy to find one almost red.





0 comments:
Post a Comment