Tuesday, 10 June 2008

Another interesting blog

Ok, on a more upbeat note than the last post...
Here is a blog I found and thought any of you outdoor explorers out there might want to look at too.

http://www.travelingwithandrewandjen.blogspot.com/

(I'm having trouble with the link, you may need to copy and paste in your browser)

I don't know these guys from Adam and Eve, but DA and I talk all the time about how will we feel when we move back to the States. What things will we want to do, will we want to travel, where should we go, what sights to we want to share with the kids before they grow up and all of that. This blog is written by a couple who are hiking across parts of the US. (not that hiking across the US is on my to do list at the moment!) They post on their blog from the trail and you can also track on a special trail map. pretty cool. That's how I found the site, looking for new widgets to use on my blog.
I have enjoyed reading about their adventures and thought you might too.

Check it out.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bridget, I am a friend of Ros Wilhelm's in Dallas. She sent me the link to your blog and I am having so much fun reading it. I was in the U.K. in April with our 21-year-old daughter. We went all over: Northumberland, London, Scottish Highlands, Lake District, Oxford, Salisbury. It was great fun. Your family looks familiar to me--I have probably seen ya'll at the KC Pool or around Lake Highlands.

Anyway...this blog by Andrew and Jen. They are hiking the Appalachian Trail. There is a great book about this trail by Bill Bryson, who is an American ex-pat who married an Englishwoman years ago. He is the guy who wrote "Notes from a Small Island" about traveling around England. His Appalachian Trail book is called "A Walk in the Woods". His books are available in England--they love him over there. He is now chancellor of Durham University, in fact.
ceilindallas