Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Take me Home... Country Road... to the place... I belong...

In the words of John Denver - We've decided that we ARE taking that country road to the place we belong. We are moving back home this summer!!!!!! Just 6 months behind our original schedule.
The kids and I will definitely be moving back to Dallas sometime late summer. DA may exercise his opportunity to stay in London a bit longer depending on how long it takes to find a job in Dallas. We hear the job market is booming. ha. If you hear of any job leads, please give him a call. We'd really appreciate it.
We told the kids tonight to a mixed reception. If you can believe it, they are both sad to leave. Even B!!!! I think change must be hard and stressful no matter how much fore knowledge you have. On the other hand, they are happy. It is such a mixture that we are all feeling.
Several of our London friends are also moving this summer, so I know there would be big changes even if we stayed.
I had a long talk with the kids about how we had met our goals of introducing them to the world. They will now sit in history classes knowing they've walked the streets, seen the buildings and witnessed the sites of historical events all over Europe. AND I HAVE THE PICTURES TO PROVE IT! All gazillion of them. They also can empathize and sympathize with cultures they never knew existed before.
B and L don't really care about that at this point, but we hope they will appreciate it in time much like 2 years ago when B insisted that she would NEVER ever like anything here in England.
L is disappointed he wont get to finish Middle school here. I told him he can do semesters abroad when he's in university and he can be assured that he has the capabilities to live anywhere in the world when he is an adult. If he wants his own children to be 3rd culture kids, have at it, babe!
Finally making the decision means that I now feel so much pressure to fit every single thing in - even more than before, and I think we've done a lot as it is. Yikes. I for see lots of packing and traveling over our last few months.
So we look forward to seeing you all later this year. Since you didn't all make it to visit us, I guess we will just have to visit you. (It takes 6 weeks for our things to ship - we've got to sleep somewhere, right?)

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yea!!!! I'm glad you are moving back this summer too. I was just thinking that I haven't seen you in such a long time. Maybe we can really catch up there!