What was on your lunch menu today?
My choices ranged from the rabbit stew special (ick!)
to the Deviled Lamb's liver (double ick!!)
to my choice - the club sandwich.
Thought I couldn't go wrong with that simple sounding choice - 1st club sandwich I've ordered in my 2+ years in the UK. However, my club sandwich was delivered to my table with a soft boiled egg sticking out of the top. they even cut a cute little hole in the top piece of bread to show case the yolk of the egg. I just wanted to laugh out loud, but I didn't want to insult the chef.
Our next-door table mates (An elderly English couple) asked what we had ordered as they have never seen a club sandwich. I asked what they ordered - answers: rabbit special and the deviled lamb's liver!!! They actually ordered both of those things.
The joys of British culinary delights never end.
Oh, I must report that the egg on the sandwich was very tasty. I might even make myself one day although I have no idea how to cut the hole in the bread to match where the egg yolk will poke through.
Tuesday, 3 March 2009
lunch choices
Posted by Bridget at 22:22
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment