Wednesday, 2 July 2008

My first afternoon tea in an English home

My friend Ros was visiting her mother in England this week and I had the wonderful pleasure of meeting her and her relatives for afternoon tea. Ros and her family have always been such wonderful hosts when I've been in their Dallas home, now I know hospitality runs in the family! I was very excited that I was invited over to an "English home" for the authentic experience. My first invitation into an English home. Homemade scones, homemade jam from fruit in their garden, sitting in their absolutely gorgeous garden visiting with an old friend was so nice. I wish you could see that garden - Would give the arboretum a run for it's money. I got a kick out of listening to their conversations. They had some very helpful advice for me about living around here. That is were I met my new friend Pat who wants me to change the layout of my blog. Still working on it. I hope I'm able to run into them again soon.

0 comments: