Had Friday off from school as an in service day so several moms and kids met in the city for a day out. L was on a separate fun outing with DA, so it was just B and I that got to go. It was crazy. Lunch at the Original Hard Rock Cafe was good, except I ordered a delicious salad that had blue cheese on it. Had to scrape all that disgusting stinky stuff off! Hard Rock is a favorite of many because they serve REAL Ranch dressing. That may not mean much to you readers, but for the average Expat suffering from Ranch withdrawals (not me or my family) - getting Ranch in a restaurant is a major treat. It just strikes me as funny that this London restaurant is famous for it's American food. Afterwards we took a stroll over to Harrod's to hit the last day of the January clearance sale. I am happy to report that I bought a couple of things that cost 3 pounds and a tin of loose leaf tea for 4 pounds. I think that has to be an absolute record for spending the least at a Harrod's sale. B was so pumped about looking for something for her birthday gift, but she turned up empty handed.
Sunday, 25 January 2009
City day with Friends
As we were traveling across the city on the tube at rush hour, I couldn't help but laugh - at just the crammed, sardine, cattle car, pack 'em in like dirt tube cars. It's a little nerve wracking traveling with kids at that time. Worrying if you will both get on or get off without getting separated. Not my favorite thing to do at 5:30. My respect to DA for putting up with that every day. B and her friends basically had to stand with their faces tilted straight up to the ceilings so that they could breathe. They were so crowded that their little faces were crammed into the back of some ladies bag and another's coat.
We made our way to a few other places and ended up in Leicester Sq to try to find a movie to watch with the kids. Too bad. I guess English kids don't get to watch movies at the theater on Friday nights. Every single movie for kids only played during daylight hours. The kids were bummed, but a little dinner helped perk them up. We arrived home at 11:30 after an exhausting, but fun day in the city.
Posted by Bridget at 01:23
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment