Tuesday, 27 May 2008

funny sighting in Bergen

When people visit England for the first time, they are enchanted when sighting black cabs, the double Decker buses, Tower bridge, etc. Well when we were in Bergen, Norway waiting at a stop light, L tugged on my sleeve and said, "look Mom, a big Suburban!" ha. I cracked up! It's been so long since we've seen a Suburban truck, it's now a tourist attraction for us. I didn't take a picture though. He was also over joyed that they had "real" 7-11 stores there. I think he found at least 5 of the 7-11 stores in Bergen. Just think, little old Southland Co. from Dallas has stores in Norway. It's the simple things in life that give you a little "taste" of home - the kids only bought a package of mints and 1 doughnut at 7-11, but they begged to walk through them all. Cant believe they forgot to look for a slurpee!!!

0 comments: