Friday, 30 May 2008

10 Bridges across London

Today I got my exercise!!! Joined a walk of "10 Bridges of London" with the American Women's group. Started at Vauxhall Bridge and walked all the way over to Tower Bridge!!!! and across every bridge along the way. That is a long walk. If you look at it on a map - it's actually only 8 bridges, but we walked over 2 of them twice to end up on the south side of the river- so we called it the 10 Bridges to give ourselves credit for the full walk :-) Finished with a browse through Borough Market for lunch. It was great fun and makes you realize on one hand how big London is and on the other hand, how close together things are.
FYI - there are more than 10 bridges, but the ones we cross encompass the central area of the city.

Our first bridge....

Our last bridge... whew. I'm tired.

Tomorrow we are off to the "Trooping of the Color". I just found out last night that we have to be majorly dressed up. L even has to wear a tie!! for a Saturday morning parade. DA will be in a suit. I'm not sure I can get them going and dressed up but I will try. Just though it would be a fun "once in a lifetime" kind of thing. We'll see how it works out.

0 comments: