Monday, 8 October 2007

Joined the Cambridge Punting crew



On Saturday we took a quick day trip to Cambridge. I expected to see big "Cambridge University" but instead it was more like a collection of small colleges, i.e. King's college, Queen's college, Trinity College, etc. They were all beautiful, old, picturesque buildings. The leaves on the trees are in full autumn color mode which made for a very scenic drive to Cambridge. Once there we HAD to go punting down the river like every other tourist that visits. For those of you who have been there, I'm guessing you all know what I'm talking about. DA had it in mind to ride on a boat guided by a college punter. B had it in her mind that Dad would steer the boat. Guess who won?? DA punted up and down the river much to his daughter's delight as she helped with her paddle. It was so crazy on the river with all the boats and novice punters. Some of the hired punters even make a game of running into "do it yourself-ers" which one of them hit our boat really hard. DA managed to stay on the deck. It was a very cool and crisp day, so I'm glad he managed to stay dry. It was probably our first outing in England where we didn't buy any souvenirs. Maybe we are transforming into more of a "local" (but with a slow Texas accent.)
Supposedly, this red leaf covered building was used for Harry Potter movie.

0 comments: