This weekend should be fun.
Today I met another mom walking around the track. She was from Aledo outside of Ft. Worth. She had actually lived in both Dallas and Memphis so we had lots to talk about. I told her I had visited Aledo for some very important High School football games watching the Wylie Bulldogs. Her kids are younger so she didnt share my enthusiasm for it.
Today I joined several 5th grade moms for lunch. I'd never met a one of them, but I got an email about lunch, so I just looked for the big group. We went to a Nepalise restuarant???? called Sherpa Kitchen. That was interesting. Sherpa's are known as the real climbers that guide other climbers up Mt. Everest. I wondered if this was some sort of protein rich mountain climbing, no-oxygen needing, no-cold feeling food. Turns out, it is alot like Indian food. Same spice in everything similar to curry. Pretty good. If you come visit us, I'll take you there. The "mums" were very nice and helpful. There were 8 of us there and none were American or British. I am glad I went. They gave me alot of scoop about the Middle school.
B has her first birthday party tonight and I think all of her class mates are attending. It's at a indoor swimming park about 20 miles away, and I have NO IDEA how long it will take to get there with Friday night traffic and all. I told DA to get home early so I wont have to navigate and drive. Spent about 2 hrs studying the map to get there.
Saturday's lunch is with one of DA's coworkers. They live in the little town we would like to move to, so they are going to give us the low down. Also we will be looking at another house, the first offer may have fallen through due to landlord not wanting a 2 year lease.
Sunday, we will try to make it to church on time. Apparently we need to get a "tomtom" GPS. that is what all the expats have. It would certainly help getting us to church.
The kid's winter break starts Feb 9 for a week. DA's boss said we could go travel a few days since NO ONE is in the office that week. Must be a very common winter break with all the schools. We tried to sign up for a 4 day Italy trip, but it was full. The travel agency suggested Bejing, China instead (ha - who would have ever suggested China for sping break in Dallas). It is a full week trip, so we cant do that. Of course the kids would rather go to Legoland, instead of ...oh, say..Stonehenge, but Legoland isnt open til March. We'll see what we can figure out. If we must tour Wales, then so be it ;)
Friday, 2 February 2007
Let the Socializing begin
Posted by Bridget at 10:55
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
To learn more about the Sherpas themselves, read Beyond the Summit--the first work to dramatize the lives of this incredible tribe in fiction.
Below are selections from reviews. To read the complete ones and excerpts go to www.beyondthesummit-novel.com
A hard-hitting blend of adventure and romance which deserves a spot in any serious fiction collection. Midwest Book Review
LeBlanc is equally adept at describing complex, elusive emotions and the beautiful, terrifying aspect of the Himalayan Mountains. Boulder Daily Camera
LeBlanc's vivid description of the Himalayas and the climbing culture makes this a powerful read. Rocky Mt News Pick of the Week
A rich adventure into the heart of the Himalayan Kingdom. Fantastic story-telling from one who has been there. USABookNews.com
A gripping, gut-twisting expedition through the eyes of a porter reveals the heart and soul of Sherpas living in the shadows of Everest. EverestNews.com
Memorable characters and harrowing encounters with the mountains keep the action moving with a vibrant balance of vivid description and dialogue. Literary Cafe Host, Healdsburg, CA
This superbly-crafted novel will land you in a world of unimaginable beauty, adventure, and romance. The love story will keep you awake at night with its vibrant tension and deep rich longing. Wick Downing, author of nine novels
The book is available ON LINE from amazon.com, chesslerbooks.com, Barnes & Noble and Borders Stores, and the web site for an autographed copy.
Post a Comment