The kids have been at school 11 days. DA has been at work 12 days. I'm sure these folks are wondering what is wrong with us. Here is the rundown:
Tardy to school: at least 4 times
sent to nurses office: 1 time each
sent home from nurses office; 1 time
calls from school administration: several. We paid cash for their lunch money and it was misplaced. School took it very seriously, they found it, had been applied toward field trip deposit.
calls from nurse: several. I promise I filled out the nurses papers twice and turned them back in!
calls/emails to transportation: several. Yes, we want to ride bus, no cant ride bus - sick, yes we will ride, no we wont - makes the kids sick every time.
call to make other transportation arrangements; I was sick and couldnt drive to pick the kids up. We dont know anyone to help us out. DA had to come home from Canary Wharf - about 2 hr trip due to midday train schedule. He was about 1 hr late picking them up from school. had to make calls to teacher and secretaries at the different schools. fun, fun! We tried to arrange a taxi to bring them home, but couldnt find one in time.
runs to school where I hit the curb driving: every day! It is now the family joke.
Late to work: 3 days.
Leave early from work: 2 days
handle calls from distressed wife ; everyday. WHY DONT WE HAVE A BANK ACCOUNT? actually we now have an account, but surprise, surprise my name is not on the account so I cant access it. Also got a ATM card, but no PIN number yet, so cant use it yet either. After 2.5 weeks of this, I am going crazy!
At home, these things wouldnt have happened in one year, well ok, maybe the tardies, but that is all. I'm sure the school thinks we are a little crazy. they all know our names by now. They are probably thinking "That poor family- they need lots of help." and the sad thing is, we do.
Wednesday, 7 February 2007
I promise, we are not normally this out of it!
Posted by Bridget at 14:19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Hmm. Do I see homeschooling in your future? j/k.
I'm sorry that I'm laughing! I'll send you an email! Help is on the way!
Kristen
Post a Comment