Sunday, 21 June 2009

Summer Solstice

Today is the summer solstice. L wanted me to blog that it wasn't dark yet at 10:20. We love that!!! Had a BBQ at a friend's house to celebrate Father's day. Fun evening.
The summer solstice brings out all the weirdo's to Stonehenge. I guess they had another huge crowd this year - made the news. I stay as far as possible away from that place around this time of year. The druids are just too strange for me.
Spent the rest of the day gathering our things for our suitcases. THE MOVERS ARRIVE TOMORROW. I cant believe our little adventure here is coming to a close. Difficult to pack for so many different situations over 6 weeks and get it all into 2 bags each. Get this - we've never really been known as light packers :-) but for some reason my daughter has decided that we should only travel for all that time with 1 bag each. I'm not sure we can pull that off, but I guess we've been shamed so many times by European taxi drivers - that she now thinks 1 bag for the rest of the summer is just fine. We'll see.....

0 comments: