Sunday, 6 April 2008

Easter

Now that I have experienced our 2nd Easter in England, I have decided it is the English holiday that most resembles Thanksgiving in America. Everyone wishes everyone "happy Easter" and big family meals are expected on that day. Good Friday and "Easter Monday" are both holidays with most stores closed both days. It's a big deal. I dont think I've heard of the "Easter Monday" holiday before. It wouldn't surprise me if there were even people who weren't Christian who "celebrate" Easter. Since it fell during our spring break - we were in Italy for the big day, so I didnt have to cook the fancy meal. Good thing - my last "real" Thanksgiving was interesting enough to last me a whole year. Dont need to throw an extra Thanksgiving meal in the middle.
They do have some fabulous Easter candy though. B kept asking me why the Easter bunny didnt come to Italy. oops.

1 comments:

Amy McCown said...

Your trip to Italy looks fabulous. I am glad that you all enjoyed it. We will be there in less than a month and I am so looking forward to it. Cheers.