Monday, 3 March 2008

Mothering Day


Mother's Day in the UK was on Sunday. Most expats around here like to celebrate on the UK date, and if the hubby and kids dont get it quite right, they can always try again in May! I get a kick out of the "mum" and "mothering day" cards. Fortunately, my family got it right so we only have to celebrate once. It helped by me saying "I really want THIS" for mother's day. After DA called on Friday from the store to confirm he was buying the right thing, I was assured. B picked out a lovely necklace for me (from the grocery store) and L did some fine, "couldnt care less" wrapping by a teeny-bopper age boy!

On Saturday we rode our bikes on a long ride out to the Cricketers Pub.
There is a bakery along the way, so we picked up lunch and ate outside in the sunshine. Kids flew kites and rolled around in the mud on the playground. Of course B had on a brand new pair of pants that I bought the day before. Grass and mud stains on the knees, check, fully broken in within an hour of trying them on!!! ugh. The Cricketers is where we take lots of guests to eat, so if you've been here, you know where I'm talking about. Dont be too impressed about our ride, there is a short cut bridleway that we rode along! It was lovely through the English countryside, walkers, cyclists, horse riders, etc. were all out enjoying the spring time. I wished my photos showed more of the beautiful scenery, but you need to come visit and see it yourselves.

0 comments: