Saturday, 8 March 2008

An American/Australian meal. yum

We recently heard that there is a Outback Steakhouse nearby and the food is "just like home". One night this week I was really wanting a taste of home so DA and I drove over there. We had a difficult time finding the restaurant because they don't say "it's located on the Riverwalk" so we walked up and down the street and finally stumbled across it. It would be lovely to eat there in the summer and sit out by the river. I was so looking forward to ICED TEA (dare I think they might have some tea actually served with ice), warm brown bread, salad actually served with any salad dressing and hopefully one I recognized, and a good ole salty baked potato. I was anticipating it to be just like home like our American friends told us. I should have realized there was an asterisk floating around. It is the same Outback as home and does have a bloomin' onion on the menu, but many things are different. No iced tea (only hot), brown bread is extra charge and not that good and definitely not warm, but the salad was great - even got fattening 1000 island dressing since it is the first time I've seen it in the last year+, and the potato was good and salty like I had anticipated. DA was a little weary that they were serving British beef (tastes funny and Scottish beef is much better), but he enjoyed his meal too. All in all, a 50% success rate and when you're talking comparing it to "just like home" that is pretty good. Just beware of the asterisk in the sky when someone makes a bold statement like that!

0 comments: