Sunday, 8 July 2007

Le Tour de France




Did you see us on TV? On Saturday, we ventured into the city with millions of other people to watch the Tour de France prologue stage in London. It was absolutely beautiful weather, and after the wettest June in 150 years (literally), the riders and spectators enjoyed a sunny, gorgeous day. We watched from Hyde Park. It was a long afternoon because you have to be in place early to get close to the barricades, and also there was lots going on in the park. Since we watched the time trial stage, the riders would come by every 2 minutes or so which allowed us to spend more time watching the race instead of the 15 seconds they would go by if we were out on the open road during the stage on Sunday. After the first few riders, we got right up to the barricades and were able to lean over and see all the riders. The kids spent lots of time digging in the dirt and B turned hundreds of cartwheels in the grass. DA - he had to take a quick nap in the sun after a hard day of spectating. Really, we were so happy to see the sun that we had to soak up a few rays.

Oh, Lance Armstrong. yeah, he was there----- in wax. Madam Taussad's had a booth with his figure. Of course we took some shots.

At the end of the day, I realized that I had time to get out to the brand new O2 arena and see Justin Timberlake in concert. How could I pass up an opportunity to see him in LONDON? So I went, bought a ticket and enjoyed the concert in my Tour de France spectating clothes. ALL the other people were dressed up to the 9's, I'm sure in hopes that JT would notice them from the stage. HA. I just enjoyed myself and then made a MAD dash back to the train station so I wouldnt miss the last train out. Got home after 1:00 am. It was a long, but fun day. (If you are a JT fan - it was a great concert!!)

0 comments: