Tuesday, 22 May 2007

weekend fun in London

Let the fun begin. We have started venturing out into the local life. One thing that is in abundance here in the UK is antiques. DA and I bought one table and have refinished it. We drove down to a very quaint town, Hindhead, and shopped at a "never know what your going to find" treasure store and found a great gate-legged table. Then over the weekend, B and I explored the famous Portobello Road markets in Notting Hill. (yes, It looks just like the movie). I saw lots of things I liked, but didnt buy much knowing we were going to the theater and didnt want to lug it around. Hundreds of antique stores and on Saturdays there are hundreds of vendors set up outside the stores selling even more antiques. Kinda like the Canton of antiques but with English charm! (insulting analogy, but you get the idea).
DA and L explored the Imperial War Museum which L declaired "very cool". He is getting interested in the WWI and WWII stuff. DA really enjoyed it too. They were so excited about it that B wants to go there now.
We ended our fun day in the city with a evening watching "Wicked". DA and I had seen it before with the famous Idena Menzel. This time our seats werent great, but I bought them off a guy on the street, so what can you expect. The kids loved the show, even from the balcony. Now we walk around singing the "popular" song. I've included 2 of the songs we really like from the show. Have a listen.

0 comments: