Thursday, 25 September 2008

New autumn hobbies

I get a kick out of our local American Women's group. I promise it is like having a cruise activities director for your social calendar. Last fall I signed up to learn how to ride horses (English style). fun, but not really my cup of tea. I'm still a little leary of horses. Anyway, this fall I signed up for the country hikes and golf lessons and quiz night.
We had our first hike last week. Started with a "undulating 6 mile hike" through the Surrey hills. So pretty and it was a beautiful day. I didnt really know what "undulating" meant, but now I do. Lots of little hills. This week, it's a 6.5 mile hike and has one really big hill. Hope I make it to the top! we finish with a lunch at a local pub located at the end of whatever path we're walking. Fun to get to know more ladies and discover local pubs.
I also had my first golf lesson (well, I took lessons when I was 9, but that was 10 or 11 years ago so who's counting?) I must say, I did better than I thought I would. Wont be going on tour anytime soon, but might be able to play a round before too long. The teacher asked me if I had any golf experience. I had to tell him "no playing experience, but LOTS of exposure!!!" Maybe I've learned through osmosis. I wish. Hitting over 150 yds will be my goal next week.

Just trying to fit in those English experiences in our last year.

0 comments: