I joined some friends on Friday to "do the English pottery tour" in Stoke on Trent. That is ground zero for all the famous English plate makers. We didnt really tour any factories, it's more along the line of a buying tour at the factory stores. Were there at opening at 9am and left at closing at 5pm. Some good, quality time with my friends who are headed back to live in the States within the next week+.
Famous last words....."I'm not really going to buy much..." didn't hold up. I bought several items. Just couldnt pass up things that I either couldnt get in the States or that I just "had" to have to remind me of my time here. I had lots and lots of fun and would be more than willing to take any of you visiting to the Burleigh or Spode or Wedgewood or Portmerion or Emma Bridgewater.... factory stores. See what I mean. There is just too much to turn away from. It's about a 3 hour drive from here, but well worth it if you have a way to get all your purchases back home. Just for the record, Burleigh was my favorite since it was actually the factory where all the items are still made and also has the most traditional "English" look, but bought several things at Spode too.




0 comments:
Post a Comment